Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Going once, twice, SOLD!

Our program has several different institutes. I am apart of the International Affairs section of the Institute on Comparative Economic and Political Systems. There's a business institute, and among others a Philanthropy Institute. This institute has had several different fundraisers in order to raise money to give to a nearby charity at the end of our program. One of these fundraisers was a date auction. I didn't actually attend or participate.. but my roommates did and they have stories.

Scenario One: 

One roommate of mine is loaded. LOADED. I knew money wasn't really a concern to him but I had no idea just how much a concern it wasn't till I heard this story! So the last date is ready to be auctioned off. It's 4 of the Program Advisers (all girls) and they'd talked to my roommate and told him that they were nervous that no one would bid for them. He said he'd bid and not to worry. So the bidding started off and in a jiffy was already up to $100!! Is that not ridiculous?!?! It's essentially between my roommate and one other kid, going back and forth. So my roommate continues to bid and it gets to the point where it's his turn to bid $150.. but he decides to go for the throat: "I'll bid $200 if the date includes the auctioneer". Apparently the auctioneer was quite the looker.. Haha it took some persuading but she accepted and my roommate got the date with 4 PA's and the auctioneer for $200!!!!!!!!! Ohhh man, just think how many NORMAL dates you could go on with that much money.. Funny thing is tho.. since the auction my roommate has been unable to track down the auctioneer..



Scenario two:

My real roommate, the one I actually share a room with, is more normal concerning $$ woes. He started bidding for one girl but the price got too high so stopped, but then did end up bidding and winning another girl for $50. Still quite a bit just to go out for ice cream. BUT!! Same thing happened with him too! It's been nearly two weeks and she has been MIA!!!



Both roommates have been trying to contact them via cell phone but neither has responded!! How messed up is that?!?! These guys paid good $$ just to go out ONCE to dinner or to get ice cream. What were these girls expecting?!?! They'd agreed to be auctioned off which guess what?? Also means you gotta actually go out on the date with the guy who bids highest!!!



The second scenario girl just recently responded to my roommates texts, which were well spaced out and not too pushy mind you, and she requested that roommates be able to go on the date too!?!?!?! hahaha oh man.. he didn't bend too easily tho. She then said that she just didn't want him to get any wrong ideas or impressions cuz she has someone back home..


Hmm, i wonder how much I'd go for.. haha maybe that's it! They just wanted to know how much they'd go for.. not actually go through with it!! sneaky.. Anyways, pretty funny and unique experience i'd say..

No comments:

Post a Comment