Monday, July 25, 2011

Food in DC (and more about my tie too)

I didn't even think about the fact that I would be having lunch at the Democrat National Club when I put my red tie on this morning. I expected wholeheartedly to get chewed out by lots of people, most especially and most likely by my supervisor especially considering how she'd about died the day I showed up wearing a grey suit and we were going to the hill.. big no-no. I was somewhat disappointed that my tie did not even spark a hint of controversy throughout the entire day. I think I was mostly disappointed because had I at least gotten chewed out it would have meant that at least someone had noticed my ridiculously good-looking tie. Or maybe my tie was noticed and those who chose to be offended by a red tie in a Democrat National Club lunch room were so taken aback by the outstanding beauty of the tie and that of its bearer that all thoughts of hate and resentment ceased only to be filled with love and ... and more love. I think I'll call my red tie the pacifier. Hmm maybe I should wear it and sneak into Congress with all this debt ceiling business.. be able to really bring things to a compromise..

Anyways the meal was excellent and even more delicious since I didn't have to pay for it! Mmm baby! Those are the best kinda meals! haha We were meeting with a professional lobbyist and we asked him tips for gaining more support for our resolution.. and to make sure everything we were doing was legal and all haha. Soo turns out we're basically already doing everything right and in the right order and just need to keep on keeping on.

I was very grateful for the full-course meal though, especially considering my recent Saturday night fiasco. We had a coupon for this pizza place and a large pizza one topping for $10 was looking great.. and then with my uncanny wit and intuition decided to run up to the Georgetown student-run grocery store to buy a frozen pizza and make that! Even cheaper right?!?! Wrong. That dang pizza was not only the same price but it wasn't even frozen!!! My suite mate told me to take it back but well idk.. I wasn't feelin it. Mostly I just didn't wanna be 'that guy' and cause problems for other people. I tried to cook the soft un-frozen pizza but had to stop it like 10min short of being done cuz the cheese was already done and any more and it woulda been toast! So I stuck it in the microwave! haha just to make sure the middle was at least cooked through of whatever had creeped in while it was unfrozen in the student-run grocery store. So it wasn't quite like pizza soup but well the middle definitely wasn't all the way solid hahaha. I was totally kicking myself for not just going ahead with the dang delivery. I'm not saying I was completely wrong in my logic and reasoning to save money by going to the store, no no. I was wrong to put my faith in a 'student-run' grocery store. Yah.. the collected pile of grease in the corner of the freezer in the pizza section shoulda been a dead give away.. Oh well.. whatever doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment